Monday, October 10, 2005

GOD WORKING AT THE GYM!

It is always an honor to share the Gospel with people, but it is especially rewarding when you know it is a moment that God has ordained. Now I know good theology tells us all that moments like these are ones that God ordains and that is true, but sometimes that is clearer than others. Today I thank God that He allowed me such a moment this morning at the gym. Though I won't go into details, suffice it to say that God opened doors for me and another brother who I just met to share Christ with a man who God obviously has in His birth canal. What a blessing!

You see it does not matter where we are or what we are doing, God is always at work. I had no idea on my way to the gym this morning, that I would spend twenty minutes sharing Christ with someone. But God knew it and ordained it to be, and used the fact that I have been friendly to this person as the vehicle. This is the light and salt part of our witness, to be in relationship with those around us. This gentleman at the gym is someone I say hi to, and make small talk with, and make my self available to. This is all we are called to do, be available to people around us, because we have the truth. We have the answers to the question of why they do not feel complete. We know the real reason for the emptiness of their soul. So as we start the week, I praise God that He gave me this gift on a Monday, when I always can use a boost. And I write this to encourage and challenge you to be available to those around you this week. Who knows what conversations God has in store for you!

blog you later,
pastor tom