Wednesday, October 31, 2007

INDOCTRINATION FOR "WHITE RACIST HOMOPHOBES?"

I had planned on blogging today of the glory that is Reformation Day, but as it has been said, 'the best laid plans...'. Pre-empting that topic is the University of Delaware and a program all students are required to take part in, in fact the word is students are "mandated" to take part. Here is a sampling of the indoctrination that is taking place, from the Office of Residence Life Diversity Education Training documents;:

"A RACIST: A racist is one who is both privileged and socialized on the basis of race by a white supremacist (racist) system. 'The term applies to all white people (i.e., people of European descent) living in the United States, regardless of class, gender, religion, culture or sexuality. By this definition, people of color cannot be racists, because as peoples within the U.S. system, they do not have the power to back up their prejudices, hostilities, or acts of discrimination….'"

According to a civil rights group,students are offered "treatment" for any incorrect attitudes regarding class, gender, religion, culture or sexuality they might hold upon entering the school. This is an amazing dose of reality. For all that want to look the other way, or even advocate the tolerance of all views, regardless of the morality, here is the result. Understand that for students who are residents, they have no choice, other than going to court, or leaving school. imagine the following, you have a freshman student who comes to school with the usual insecurities, leaving home, friends, relationships that he or she has known for all of life. These are seasons of life where people are at their most vulnerable to make wrong decisions or fall into the wrong group. For most students they will grab onto some of the first relationships that become available. Now factor in the Residence leader with their authority, and the mandate to fall in line with this indoctrination. The numbers who will fall prey to this and have it color their studies as well as their adult lives, both professional and private are frightening to consider.

All is not lost though as there are not only organizations, but some students who are standing up and fighting back, here is one students statement;

"Take the issue of homosexuality, and the rights that should or should not be associated with it. As a Christian, I believe that the Bible says homosexuality is wrong, and is a sin against God. As such, I cannot accept it as a legitimate lifestyle. While I accept homosexuals as people, I do not accept their choice as right, and subsequently I do not think that homosexual couples should be given marital rights. I accept that others do not hold the same views as me. But it is wrong that under the Residence Life curriculum and school mandated curriculum that I should made to feel guilty for my views. … It is not the school's right to try to convince me to embrace the values that Residence Life has chosen. Essentially, if I do not change my views, I will be labeled by my RA as not embracing diversity, and not accepting of certain groups, and thus my RA will try all the harder to change me. This is not the school's job, or right."

Well said by a student, and not without courage, Mom and Dad, it is time for us to show the same!

blog you later,
pastor tom
www.engagingyourworld.com